Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 16th.... so much for this everyday thing eh!

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't written on here for awhile! Things were quite busy there for awhile with exams, moving out and just other things. I never realized how hard it was going to be to write something every day. I don't mean that it is hard to write something to be thankful about because that is the easy part. I just mean finding the time! After I had missed a few days I started to make a list of all the things I was thankful for on daily basis in hopes of catching up in a future blog but after awhile I realized that, that blog entry was going to end up being way to long and that nobody was probably going to read it so I scrapped it. However, I will add a few of the items that I am thankful for onto the end of this post. :)

Firstly, I am thankful for finishing my semester and doing relatively well in my courses even though I dropped one. I know that seems like kind of a weak thing to be thankful for but trust me, i'm thankful! This semester/year wasn't one of my most stellar semesters with just a lot of other things interfering with my concentration on school. To say I am glad it is done is an understatement.

Secondly, I am thankful for those people who were understanding and were always there for me to lean on when I felt like I was going crazy or having a meltdown. For those that know me know that I can tend to be a "perfectionist" and "people pleaser."I don't like to have people disappointed in me (who does?!) so I was worried that because of my past choices and where I was now that I was letting everyone down. I was thankful to find out though that, that wasn't the case at all. Even though I still carry a lot of guilt from my past I know that others don't see it that way and that maybe things aren't as bad as they seem at times.

Thirdly, I am thankful that someone in my family is going to be fine. A few days ago someone in my family had a health scare that I think had all of us on edge. However, it ended up not being a huge deal and she is suppose to be back to her old self in no time! I am so thankful that my dad was there to help and that everyone dropped everything to help her. I am also thankful that she has a place to go to after her stay at the hospital.

Finally, I am thankful for LU and for everyone there! This year even though had it's up and downs was still pretty great! I met some new friends to go out for coffee with, send funny youtube clips to and who I can go to concerts with! Even though I am THRILLED it's summer I am excited for the future there and for all the other adventures I will have in the years to come.

                                                   My view from my apartment at LU

What are you thankful for???

2 comments:

  1. Love you Kierra! And love those funny Youtube clips! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too Jenna!! Haha oh man I am soooo behind in sending them! I will catch up this week promise!-xo

    ReplyDelete